quarta-feira, 2 de julho de 2014

interview with Thomas Zwijsen =D

1st afternoon Thomas fine? How did meet Brazil next to Blaze and make so many show together?

I met blaze some years ago when I was recording my Nylon Maiden album. He is a special guest on this album in The Clansman. After going to the studio together he phoned me and said he loved working together, so I travelled to England to compose and record an album with him. After that we started touring all over the world. Open The Road Agency in Brazil booked many great Brazilian shows for us.

2 What did you think of the Brazilian public?

I love every audience, big or small, but the Brazilians are always awesome and crazy! They were always extremely nice to us. I remember in my Nylon Maiden solo songs it was difficult to play in time, because the fans were always singing so loud that I couldn’t hear myself!

3rd if you hadn't become an artist, a musician, what do you think you'd end up doing?

I would probably be in Brazil now as a professional soccer player, playing in the Orange team

4 your designs are magnificent. What makes you happier when a fan recognizes your work?

Thank you! I’m always happy when fans like my work. It’s awesome to see all the nice comments on the video’s on youtube, and it’s awesome to have the fans singing a long at a live show, asking of signatures and taking pictures.

5th you're currently living in Brazil.

I’m not living in Brazil. My girlfriend lives in Brazil and I visit her quite often, but I still live in Holland.

6 what is your favorite music style of play like to hear daily?

Flamenco!

7 you must surely have been travelling around the world. What was your best experience out of your hometown?
I’m happy to have a job that involves so much traveling. The greatest tour I ever dit was the last tour in Brazil, but I also enjoy Europe a lot.. Especially Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. Germany is always good too. Also Greece, Dubai and China were very special!

8 we all have good and bad moments in the career for you, what was your best moment in artistic life? and what was the most difficult?

The most difficult moments were probably during my time in the conservatoire, studying guitar. My teacher didn’t really support my choice to play Metal on a classical guitar, and didn't want me to tour around the world. The best moment is probably the release of my latest album Nylonized. On this album I’m working with some of my personal heroes from the music world! for instance Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater), David Readman (Pink Cream 69), Damian Wilson (Threshold, Ayreon), Blaze Bayley and Kee Marcello (Europe)

9th what's it like working with the Blaze? He is a great singer must be great to be alongside Blaze doing shows around the world.

As an Iron Maiden fan it’s great to be working with Blaze so often. We toured and recorded together so much that we became great friends as well.

10 for you which was the best show of your life. What made this show a show unlike any other?

One of my favorite shows was the Hermoupolis Guitar Festival. It was on a small and beautiful island near Greece, and everything was organized perfectly. Here’s a video of the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oU5-Ov4A_E

Another show I really loved was the Italian show on the Master Guitar Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh6wy3OSosk

And of course many shows in Brazil. Sorocaba, Sao Paulo, Rio, Ribeirao Preto, Aracatuba, Pato Branco, Maringa, and many many more. One of the nicest one was the Feliz Metal festival in the Amazon during christmas.

11 where you began his career as a musician?

I started when my parents sent me to music school when I was a child. The greatest impuls to my career was when I started to put videos on YouTube.

12 has worked or is working on projects with other people without getting the Blaze or soil?

Yes I just finished the Master Guitar Tour, which is my own guitar tour including a few other very good guitarists. Here’s a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_kU4gzQw70
Also I’ve just released my second solo album Nylonized, I have released a tab book, video lessons and do many solo shows.

13 and to Anne bakker as was playing beside her on the blaze?

Anne is absolutely amazing. I met her during my time in the conservatoire of Rotterdam, where we were both studying. We will of course continue working together and I will definitely ask her to join me on my next album again.

14th this is my last question. And I want to thank you for giving me this exclusive interview I am very happy with it. What's the message for your fan and for people who are studying the music today and who dream of one day show your work out and be recognized for your efforts.

Thank you! If you’re studying music and want to achieve something I strongly advice to keep studying, a lot! Having a good technique is the start to success. It takes many hours, days, weeks, months and years to become a good musician, and you need to sacrifice some things that your friends might be doing. Also I advice to play the music that you like most. When I was playing only classical music I wasn't really happy, when I started to play Iron Maiden on the classical guitar my life changed.
for those who play guitar, here’s a video lesson I made! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8T9KF-vD_Q

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário